As it is clearly visible, our site is dedicated to everything Unicorn.
We love this magical creatures, but most of all we love what they represent. Across the centuries it has embodied different qualities, but to us, right now, Unicorn Magic is: freedom, inner beauty, sunshine and moonshine, creativity, inner peace and self confidence.
But this is what Unicorns mean to us. Let's see an outside perspective...
Historically, the Unicorn is a legendary animal that has been described since antiquity as a horse-like creature with a single large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. A symbol of purity and grace, it is said it could be captured only by a virgin. It is present in the mythology of basically every people in every corner of the world. From China, to Ancient Greece, to medieval Europe, up to our days.
Nowadays, in popular culture, the Unicorn is often used as a symbol of fantasy or rarity.
That girl/boy that you can't catch. Everything about her/him is so perfect (divine, if you will) getting with her/him is unfathomable. She/he is truly a blessing from God. Bumping into her/him on the sidewalk, holding a conversation… makes your day brighter… but you were probably dreaming. Anything beyond that - good luck. It takes time, effort, and a whole lot of persistency.
But never give up; unicorns are said to be "uncatchable”, but nothing is impossible if we really put our mind to it and we open our hearts to the unexpected.
Curiosities about our Beloved Animal.
- It’s Scotland’s national animal and it embodies purity and innocence as well as masculinity and power.
- It inhabits Harry Potter’s World and more specifically we can find it in the Forbidden Forest by Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It prefers a woman’s touch (witches) and must be treated with the utmost respect. Drinking their blood to preserve one’s life was considered a heinous and immoral crime (“You have slain something so pure and defenseless to save yourself, you will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips”).
- According to mythology, whoever touches a pure White Unicorn, will find happiness and joy in his/her entire life.
- A Unicorn with wings and able to fly is called a Pegasus.
- The touch of the horn of a Unicorn heals all wounds.
- A baby Unicorn is called a Sparkle.
- In eastern mythology (China), Unicorns lived very long lives, longer than 1000 years.
All in all, Unicorns and their Magic, wether real or not, are a way to live life with a smile, experiencing it to the fullest and facing every day as a new and wonderful chance to be ourselves and have a positive impact on those around us.